Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Whole Tooth and Nothing But The Tooth

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity." Albert Einstein

I have been blessed my whole life with a healthy curiosity, and it has never waned. My mother used to call me a curious cat because of this. Maybe some of you readers are this way also, and this is how you found your way to my blog! We are especially blessed to be living in this Information Age with the marvelous invention of the WWW and a computer to turn to for many of the answers to our questions. If you feel value in this information I share with you, pay it forward and share it with a friend. We can all benefit from the diligence of the inventors, the researchers, the authors, and the companies who gift us with their knowledge and products.

Keep an open mind and a healthy curiosity as I make presentations in this blog about what I find fascinating and life enhancing. Check out what I have researched and implemented into my own life, and by all means, never loose your holy curiosity!

Today I am going to present information about oral hygiene and how extremely important it is to your immune system and overall health. In the latest issue of Information4U, they write, "The renowned German physician Dr. Reinhard Voll estimated that nearly 80% of all illness is related entirely or partially to problems in the mouth. The reason the teeth are such a threat to health is that, in adition to their connection to every organ and gland in the body, they can harbor infections without symptoms. There's no pain or discomfort. Yet there may be chronic infection eroding the body's immune response-wearing out the immune system. This infection is very difficult to detect. Few people today have escaped the problems of dental cavities and gum infection. About 98% of Americans have some areas of diseased gum tissue in their mouths, over half of these are also experiencing a progressive "bone loss." Fortunately, cavities and pyorrhea (gum disease and bone loss) are both 100% preventable and reversible."

The device created to detect this infection EVEN before an x-ray can determine an infection is called a Cavitat Medical device. However, for the most part, many dentists don't want you to know about this device. Become informed about your teeth and what the "self-serving dental bureaucracy" don't want you to know. It could save your life and the lives of those you love. I haven't found my way to use this cavitat device yet, but I am CURIOUS and intrigued.

I learned about this device from the alternative health newsletter of Information4U that I signed up with some time back. Although you may need to sign up and get a Yahoo Group account, they are well worth it because of the valuable and thorough information they email.

I heartily endorse the dental products I discovered online called Oramedia.

The product they sell that I absolutely adore and feel no one should be without, especially if you are over 40, is this: the Viajet Pro. It's an oral irrigator, and what I have really benefited from is the canulae tip that you can purchase separately to go on the end of the irrigator. This tip allows you to get below the gum line and clean out the bacteria that you wouldn't be able to get to in any other way. You may be surprised to discover what is hiding inside your mouth. I was!

Other recommended books are:

Root Canal Cover Up by George Meinig
Uninformed Consent: The Hidden Dangers in Dental Care by Hal Huggins
Elements of Danger: Protect Yourself Against the Hazards of Modern Dentistry by Morton Walker
Whole Body Dentistry by Mark Breiner

There's a handy dandy Amazon.com box on the sidebar if you feel like helping out. While you're over there, check out the Therapeutic Gems.

May You Live Long and Thrive

2 comments:

FABLEFILMS said...

Thank you for writing about Via-jet PRO...I needed that extra push to buy one, given that my mouth (gums!!!) needs serious attention, and the fact that what we're given as tools (brush, floss, mouthwash) only deal with the surface issues.

Smith said...

Your posts always prove to be of a high value and quality for readers.