Friday, October 27, 2006

Art Anchoring



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler." Henry David Thoreau

It's my sense that everyone needs to carve out a corner or a space from their dwelling that is their OWN, be it a work/hobby area or sanctuary. I did so this past year, and the photo is part of my OWN little corner where I keep art supplies, files, magazines, and many projects in process. My inspiration was a book I purchased titled "Where Women Create...Inspiring Work Spaces of Extraordinary Women" by Jo Packham.

Jo writes in the overleaf, "Creativity comes from the heart and soul, but where you work can either interfere with or inspire the artistic process. For some, it may mean claiming a little nook in the family room. For others, it's important to set up a studio in order to start a business. Whatever your size limitations, you can carve out a space dedicated to making your dreams come true."

Leafing through this book with its amazing photos and text of 20 talented women artists who have created their own magical art spaces inspired me so much that I went to work. I dragged a heavy table from one room all by myself, collated all my art supplies and items,found stackable containers and baskets, added sentimental items, then organized everything and voila!, my OWN ART SPACE. I felt so much better as if the creative buzz inside was now outpictured! Try it...it works!

Technorati Tags:, work spaces,,

No comments: