Thursday, November 30, 2006

Mo Chicken Adobo



For those that don't know pidgin, the slang language used in Hawaii, 'mo' means MORE. Reading the posting titled "The Denver Post does the Nutcracker" on the blog A Readable Feast, I checked out the recipe for Chicken Adobo written there and my mouth watered remembering this delicious dish.

Here's the back story: I live in Hawaii, and my partner employs approximately 45 Phillipine people. Since I have been to more Phillipino functions than I can remember in the last 16 years, I have eaten a lot of great food, including Chicken Adobo. Even though I didn't know that was the official name, the recipe given in this posting is familiar to what my taste buds remember as I was scarfing it down. Yes, give me MO, MO, MO...at least every now and then! The way chickens are raised and treated in this country is disgusting, so if you make this dish, try to find a free-range chicken. I am (for the most part) a vegetarian since my normal diet doesn't include meat or dairy products, but there are times I make an exception to the rule. It's boring to be PURE all the time!

Technorati Tags:, chicken adobo,,

1 comment:

katiebird said...

Kuanyin,
I loved this post! It has heart & laughs.

Thanks.
xxoo
katiebird