Saturday, March 03, 2007

I Threw A Party and No One Came


There's nothing quite like throwing a party and having no one show up from the Ultimate Blog Party family!! It is disheartening and perplexing, especially since I've offered a prize to one of the winners and left comments on other participating blogs! Maybe I don't fit exactly into the mode of a "Good Mommy Blog"? Ouch!

Oh well...moving on-- putting aside my food, drink, and offerings-- and enjoying the day with my loving, supportive family.

But NOT before I write on the subject of Rejection! You might even say that Rejection is a mini-death! And since life and death are two of the subjects I've written about on this blog (hence the title of this blog) and intend to explore in even more posts, what could be a more perfect occasion to write about life, death, and rejection?! Rejection is similar to death in that people don't like to admit they've been rejected--it's one of the 'taboo' subjects like death.

Why do people reject others? Is it because others have a different religion, skin color, beauty, talent, or social position? Is envy, jealousy, novelty, fear, and prejudice often the motivation for rejection? You bet! In any event, it is a great consolation to know GREAT & successful performers, artists, writers, scientists, and achievers were once rejected by their peers and critics, but they didn't let the rejections slow them down for long. In spite of rejections, the Great Ones persisted in spite of rejections! And many didn't achieve their success and fame until after they (and their critics) were long gone!

Here are some quotes about rejection which rally my spirit when I feel the sting of rejection:

"Through my illness I learned rejection. I was written off. That was the moment I thought, Okay, game on. No prisoners. Everybody's going down. "
Lance Armstrong

"I take rejection as someone blowing a bugle in my ear to wake me up and get going, rather than retreat. "
Sylvester Stallone (This is a good one to remember while playing the song, "Eye of the Tiger"!)

"I think that you have to believe in your destiny; that you will succeed, you will meet a lot of rejection and it is not always a straight path, there will be detours - so enjoy the view."
Michael York

"I submit all my plays to the National Theatre for rejection. To assure myself I am seeing clearly."
Howard Barker

Technorati Tags:, rejection,,








9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, love your posts for you have an AUTHENTIC voice, speak truth, and call it as you see it. Don't let the other jealous women get you down. Your blog will be standing long after theirs are history. Thanks for speaking up. You're loved.

The Crazy King of Clowns said...

Hi! you offered to exchange links with my blog! I'd love to exchange links with a number of your blogs!

The Art of Living and Dying
Who's Yo Mama
Wailea Daily Photo
Blog Blond
Way Khool Sites
Maui Skies
Dancing Dolphin Journal
Moonlight Becomes Me

I hope you don't mind that i want to exchange links with so many...
If you donot approve, leave me a comment and i'll remove them

Please link back to my blog from those you want to exchange links

Infinitely CRAZY - http://infinitelycrazy.blogspot.com/

Thanks a ton, and keep up the good work!!!

Lissete said...

Well, I'm here for the party. I guess I missed the yummies! Don't take it as rejection, the party lasts all week. I've been going down the list and just now got to you #273. The only reason that I managed to do so in only 2 days, is because I've beeen feeling a tad bit under the weather so I've been online more than normal. Give them time, they may pass by soon.

In any case, it is very nice to meet you! I'm off to visit your other blogs! :)

palapala said...

As I go about my day I look forward to reading what you are sharing with other children of God.I agree that you are indeed an authentic spiritual being. I beleive that your intentions were loving and that is what matters.No one else defines you,only you do. No one is better than anyone else, and if some people choose to pass for whatever there reasons are , that is their problem because there are many teachers that have come to help us on our journey and it is up to each one of us to accept the message or not. many blessings dear one...Basha

KWiz said...

Hi...I actually came here by way of the party. Please don't feel like you're not good enough here. In fact, more people need to hear what you have to say (in fact, this post will be included in my Five Favorites For Friday weekly post at the end of the week). I'd like to direct you, though, to a post my husband recently did entitled "Am I Good Enough?"

KWiz
Women Walking In Wisdom's Footsteps

latt├ęgirl said...

Hi there, I found you on Fuel my Blog, and the description of your blog piqued my interest.

I plan to bookmark you and come back and browse through different entries to get a feel for what you're all about, but so far, so interesting!

Stop by my place sometime, I'm very shallow. (Well, sometimes.)

Jackal said...

Inspirational quotes.

We all suffer from rejection at some time or other - some more so than others.
I am learning through painful experience that we have to first accept oursleves - do our best - be determined - us it as a tool and not allow rejection to get the better of us.

But easier said than done. Rejection is so painful.

Queue_t said...

I am working my way through the party list it was a long one.

I love the fireworks picture

Sparky Duck said...

im stunned I won, and I apologize for not checking you out earlier, so many blogs so little time