Monday, April 23, 2007

Cats on Tuesday--The Early Edition



Even though it's only 2 pm on Maui on Monday, I am posting my weekly meme for Cats On Tuesday because tomorrow I won't have a spare moment! Why! The Dalai Lama is coming to town! And every one and their dog (actually, no pets are allowed so this is merely a figure of speech!) will be going to see the Dalai Lama on his first Maui visit.

Since no purses, cameras, recorders, videos or ANYTHING except required prescriptions will be allowed inside the event, the only way you'll be able to hear about the events will be from bloggers like me! Check out my other blog called Who's Yo Mama for posts about these events ! I've already written several posts about the Dalai Lama's upcoming visit on this blog should you wish to know more.

I asked Anela how she felt about being excluded from this important event, and she looked at me as if I'm nuts! Here is a snippet of our brief conversation on this subject:

Me: So Anela...do you feel any energy shifts yet because of the entry of this great man to your island?

Anela: (Very bored) I see you cleaned up that bird that was only HALF eaten I left at your doorstep. How rude of you!

Me: Birds-schmirds! The Dalai Lama is coming to Maui!

Anela: So what do you want me to do about it?

Me: Do? That's not what I'm trying to get across to your cat brain!

Anela: Oh I know all about the Dalai Lama's arrival! I've only heard you and the rest of your friends talking about it incessantly for the last 6 months! (Yawn)

Me: Dontcha realize this is an important person?

Anela: Yes, I'm aware of this Great Soul! Do you think cats are stupid? We know all the gossip...we know all the secrets too! Now let me get back to my cat nap!

******




13 comments:

Gattina said...

Wow ! what an event ! I like him he came once to Brussels too. He is a very interesting man. But of course for cats it's boring. Unfortunately I couldn't watch the video it didn't work. You don't post too early at least for the Europeans and Australians, because here it's already morning and in Australia even tuesday afternoon, lol ! So you are stumbling behind if you post on your tuesday morning, lol !
you know what I've got as word verification ? a href, he, he !

Mom Unplugged (formerly "Mom of 3") said...

What an exciting thing! He came to my college to speak when I was a student and he was wonderful. He seemed really warm and human...and funny! Enjoy! I will come back tomorrow to read your report.

Sorry that Anela isn't more excited. The Dalai Lama probably wouldn't approve of bird hunting, so I understand that she might be less than enthused!

srp said...

Cats have their own agendas and expect their humans to conform to them. Bird watching is more important to Anela than Lama watching.

I am "girl" watching on Tuesday... my little baby girl is turning 21....sob! sob! Where did the time go?

Luna said...

Wow, I´m impressed, great event for humans but boring for cats. I read a book from the Dalai Lama, "Das Buch der Freiheit". It was very interesting.
I always post for COT on late monday evening, because I have never enough time to post on tuesday morning (there is my sport) but Gattina is right the time is different all over the world . Funny to think about this !?!?
Have a nice day :-)

Dragonheart said...

Anela, humans can be so silly at times, can't they! I hope your human enjoys the visit of the Dalai Lama.

FelineFrisky said...

Wow! The Dahlai Lama! How very cool, I will return tomorrow for the details.

My cats aren't very socially conscious, either. they view it as a waste of nap time. They prefer that the action come to them.

D :)

(Word verification is SO much easier since the cataract surgery!)

Celeste said...

have fun. Pretty baby!

Deana said...

The Dalai Lama? That is big news. I don't blame you for being so excited.

Damozel said...

Wow, the Dalai Lama. By coincidence my cat's weekly blog is all about cat theology and Cat Heaven. It may explain why Anela couldn't care less... Exciting for you; I assume you'll be writing up the event. I'll look forward to it.

Anonymous said...

I have telepathically chatted with Anela,owjtc and she has informed me that she is deeply excied to know that the beloved Dali Llama will be visiting. but the "unspoken" cat rule is, to show outwardly no emotions. Paw licking is a suttle way to show she is listening. Anela knows how important this is ,and knows you will come home with good energy and she will bask in the love. I will be tuning in ,have a wonderful time .hugs and purrs...Basha

Suzanne R said...

I like the Dalai Lama! I would get excited about seeing him, too. My cats wouldn't care in the least -- they have their own priorities, much like Anela's. ;-)

meeyauw said...

How lucky you are! I will be looking for your posts. Oh Anela, I think you have your inner peace as most cats do. No wonder you don't understand all the fuss!

Puss-in-Boots said...

I have seen the Dalai Lama, too, when he visited Auckland, New Zealand, years ago. He has such an aura of peace about him the whole throng felt it and there was an awed hush when he appeared.

I think you know all this though, don't you, Anela? We cats are telepathic and can have our own conversations with the Dalai Lama whenever we want? I wonder why humans never get this?

Enjoy the visit, Anela.

Oscar