Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Cats on Tuesday-Trained Cats


Anela has been very happy of late as there has been more company in our home, and thus, she has more people to hit-up for her favorite cat treats. She knows better than to bug me for extra treats when she and I are alone together (tough love type that I am!), but anytime another person comes for a visit, she immediately begins her cat-talking, cat-bossing, cat-demanding meows. None of these innocent visitors have a clue as to why she won't shut up around them, so I have to explain her tactic to them. Because I don't want her following them around and meowing forever and a day, I give-in to her strategy and shut-her-up with treats. Anela is the ultimate manipulator. If she were human, she would be a chess master.

When she and I are alone, she never talks--we comfortably co-exist, and Anela sleeps behind my computer chair as I write. She listens to all my phone conversations, knows all the household secrets, and gets to watch all of our daily soap operas.
Nothing upsets her except noisy garbage trucks and our gardener. If I want her to go outside, all I have to do is snap my fingers or stomp my foot, and she does it. If I want her to come for loving, I pat my lap. We have our very own language and signals. If I lived in Hollywood, she could be a star!

Check out this link for what trained cats can do at Hollywood Animals.

9 comments:

Damozel said...

Love the Hollywood kittehs! (The tiny, sneering kitten is so cute...) The see no/hear no/speak no kitties in your note are sweet too...

Suzanne R said...

What a talented kitty Anela is! Training the humans around her, especially via begging from visitors, to provide treats is a very good thing for a cat to know. :-)

Gattina said...

A chess master ? I would rather think of a politician during elections ! Treats=votes ! The only one who talks in my cat community is Arthur when he wants to have something. The women only purr (very loud) and do body massage around your legs. Except poor Kim of course, she never purrs and when she talks she does it alone, sitting somewhere and meows without any reason. She is a very strange cat.

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Hi Thanks for visiting my Cats on Tuesday. I had a bit of trouble getting here and staying here due to error messages coming up on your blog, just fyi.

Mom of three said...

I love your story! Cats are the ultimate manipulators, which is probably why I love them so much. Glad you liked White Kitty and the Alien...but White Kitty does come in peace!

Dragonheart said...

Anela, you are a very smart cat! Nice job training the humans to give you more treats! :)

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Anela. Thanks for visiting and I'll make sure my companion put you on our blogroll.

Hey, girl, you are one smart feline to get your treats the way you do...onya, babe!

Talk next week

Purrs

Oscar

meeyauw said...

Hi! You know, as I was reading about Anela, I was wondering if her methods would work for me! I could try the same thing with my adult kids, with dates . . . it's something to think about! Thank you Anela! LOL

artoflivinganddyingreader said...

Awe, that is cute and I love the pics as well. I have a cat who sits all day and is content to watch my soaps with me too. LOL. I don't get where some say that animals can't see the TV because mine sure do take notice!