Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Cats on Tuesday--Cat Hearing


Do you notice Anela's ear is back on one side? She is listening to something. I can always tell when one ear moves back a notch. Cats ears are very sensitive, and they hear more than us pitiful humans will ever hear!

"The cat has a nervous ear which turns this way and that. And what the cat may hear is known only to the cat." David Morton

I took this photo of Anela on her favorite carpet and her favorite spot--directly behind my computer chair. Anela is my muse! She likes to place herself here when I'm writing, and her presence gives me inspiration and joy. As the slang expression goes, she's "got my back!"

For more cat stories, look over to the sidebar and read their weekly cat updates.

8 comments:

Mom Unplugged (formerly "Mom of 3") said...

What a lovely muse she is! Great cat quote, and so true!

Gattina said...

Indeed it's terrible they hear everything ! Pookie too is always by my side and gives me a lot of ideas and inspiration ! And on top she always agrees with me, whatever I say !

srp said...

It is amazing how much they hear and how selective that hearing is... they tune out my voice when I speak to them... at least Clover does... it goes in one ear and out the other.

Dragonheart said...

Anela, you are a lovely cat! It's wonderful that you are your human's muse. :) Of course we hear more than those silly humans! I'm constantly amazed at their ability to survive, given how little they hear!

FelineFrisky said...

What a precious beauty she is! And such a muse! How wonderful that she inspires yiu. Tucker "helps" me when I'm at the computer. He walks on the keyboard a lot. LOL He also watches me work, he does that well! LOL

D :)

Obsidian Kitten said...

she's lovely!

cats make wonderful muses.

Anni said...

Anela is a beautiful name for a lovely cat! An especially good muse too!

Puss-in-Boots said...

I was about to type this comment when Oscar jumped up in front of the screen. He wanted a cuddle and, as he made a better door than a window, I had to oblige.

Oscar spooks me at times, especially at night, when his ears twitch and he looks outside...I wonder what's out there.

Have a good weekend.