Thursday, May 24, 2007

Eight Things About Me


Since the focus of this blog is about alternative health, life, death, and thriving (with a bit of "Anela Cat" thrown in for fun!), I will focus my "Eight Things About Me" tag from Over The Horizon on the subject of death.

The rules for this meme are:

"Each player posts eight random facts/habits about him/herself and then tags eight other bloggers to participate. In turn, the folks who are tagged write a post listing their own eight facts/habits, along with these rules, and then tag eight more people . . . and so on.

Each blogger must list the eight people they are tagging, and visit their sites, leaving a comment notifying them that they have been tagged and inviting them to read your entry."

1. The number 8 is interesting to me for this "8 random facts meme" because of this reason: in numerology the number 8 symbolizes death. If you lay the number 8 on its side, it represents the infinity sign which is what death really is-- merely a transition to a more expansive and INFINITE reality!

2. Death is a fascinating subject, and I have many books in my library exploring thanatology and perceptions of death.

3. I've experienced several Near Death Experiences during my life, and each time I've returned changed and more committed to my spiritual path.

4. The first time I experienced being 'out of body' was when I had my tonsils removed at age four. The anesthetic used on me is known to have the effect of propelling people out of their body, a product no longer in use. I heard the doctors and nurses talking to each other as I hovered over my body, and afterwards I told my Mother what they said.

5. When my Father died in the hospital, I held his feet. Being with him as he transitioned was an incredible experience, one that even now gives me goosebumps.

6. Many people are like the walking dead in that they've checked out of life because of a number of different reasons: trauma, sadness, grief, disappointment, disillusionment, etc.

7. Soul Retrieval is a valid method to recover the fragmented parts of ourselves which have left us due to the above reasons. Here's a link.

8. One of my favorite expressions for death is "Crossing Over The Rainbow Bridge".

Now I tag the following bloggers:

In Repose Blog

Time Goes By

Musings of an old man

Stumbling Through Life With Grace

Writer Cramps

Dating God

Graceful Presence

Deep Surface

2 comments:

latt├ęgirl said...

I know someone who is a walking dead. I've been calling her "unconscious" so far, but "walking dead" fits the bill. It's sad.

Mimi Lenox said...

Many bloggers, including WW participants, will be flying Peace Globes in the blogosphere on Wednesday, June 6, 2007. It is BlogBlast for Peace day - the second annual event. Please consider using your Wordless Wednesday platforms on this day to participate. You can find more information about the movement at Mimi Writes or BlogBlast for Peace
http://mimiwrites.blogspot.com or http://mimilenox.blogspot.com

Thanks and peace!
Mimi