Sunday, July 22, 2007

Of Milestones and Death


Death has been on my mind a lot lately as a beloved friend passed two days ago. I blogged it about here and here and here.

When someone dies, you start thinking about the passing of time. And so today I looked at the blogs I created, most of them last year in 2006. I have one SENIOR blog, Who's Yo Mama, but the rest of the blogs are aging at different schedules. Here's their milestones:

In two days, Way Khool Sites will celebrate her 100th blog birthday.

Moonlight Becomes Me has SEVEN more days to go before she hits her 300th post.

Wailea Daily Photo has only 50 posts to go before I will have posted there for 365 days.

And my senior blog, Who's Yo Mama? has ONLY 26 more posts to go before she hits her BIG 400! What a lady!

Now Blog-Blond, one of my most popular blogs, is trailing behind as she has 81 more posts before she hits 200.


Dancing Dolphin Journal
has 57 more posts to go before she makes 100.

Maui Skies is almost another senior citizen with 80 to go before hitting 300.

Vintage-Tees is a baby with 77 before she even touches 100.

And last, but not least, is this blog. She will hit her 200th post with 19 more.

As I considered this massive posting output and the many milestones approaching, I've been contemplating the birth and death of my blogs.

Just as many people leave a large legacy behind them when they pass on, what happens to blogs when their creators pass on or abandon them? Do they live in perpetuity in cyberspace? Will there still be something of worth which was communicated? Will one day I feel complete with my blogs and think enough is enough, leave them as they are, and then check-out of the blogging world?

1 comment:

Steph said...

I've been blogging since 2002 (I just celebrated my 5th year last week!) and I consider my blog to be an evolution of my handwritten journals which I kept from 1978-2001. I back my entries up on a monthly basis and save them to disc. They will one day be listed in my will.