Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Cats on Tuesday--Anela Cubed


There was an earthquake today on another Hawaiian Island, and Anela was a bit edgy prior to the earthquake. Of course, I didn't know why she was acting this way. I thought perhaps she was sensing the arrival of the hurricane "Flossie".

For those of us on Maui, we're not expected to have an encounter with Flossie as Flossie is supposed to pass south of the Big Island, and the most we can expect is a bit of rain which I would welcome. However, one never knows about hurricanes as sometimes they change course.

I will keep a close eye on Anela to discern any signs of anxiety. In the meantime, I have cubed her using the Dumpr photo program. Doesn't she look lovely and unusual in this design?

Come and enter the blog contest I'm having at another one of my blogs, Who's Yo Mama?!

10 comments:

Dragonheart said...

Anela is a very sensitive and perceptive cat! Anela, you look lovely as a cube. :)

mar said...

She most certainly looks lovely!! great design, dumpr is a lot of fun!

Jodi said...

The cube pic is cute. Hopefully no more earthquakes or hurricanes happen.

mar said...

Earthquakes are scary...

FelineFrisky said...

Anela cubed is sooo interesting! How cool is that???

You will be in my thoughts during the upcoming approach of the hurricane.

D :)

meeyauw said...

I saw that on dumpr.net and had trouble loading a photo, but I'll try again.

I am so glad you are safe. It is documented that animals can discern earthquakes before they happen. I hope Anela's anxiety goes down.

And that hurricane! Whew. I know how huge they are and that "bit of rain", I hope, is just that. You have a lot going on and I hope you continue to be safe!

Gattina said...

Anela looks like a star in her "Dumpr" ! You really should watch her cats are much better in weather forecasts then humans ! Each time my cats wash behind their ears it rains ! I think their ears would be quite dirty in a dry region.

Mom Unplugged said...

That is so clever! I have never seen a photo program that does that before.

How interesting about Anela and the Earthquake. Animals sense so much that we cannot, I am convinced. I hope the hurricane passes you by.

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

claudie said...

Hope the weather is better now!
Anela cubed is a good idea! Can you play with like with the rubicube?*giggles*

Suzanne R said...

Very clever, to make her into a cube. She looks pretty that way, too.

Wow, an earthquake and a hurricane? I haven't been to the Big Island but I have been to Maui, Oahu and Kauai and they are so beautiful! I am hoping and praying that there won't be much damage from Flossie. Cats are sensitive to natural phenomena, I've heard, so Anela is doing her job well. Stay safe!