Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Cats on Tuesday--Cats Growing Older




In my stumbles, I discovered a Cat Age Chart which compares cat ages to human ages, and I was shocked to realize how old Anela has grown. It seems like yesterday she was a little kitten.

Yes, Queenie Anela has now ripened to the cat age of SIXTY FIVE YEARS! She doesn't look all that old to me, and I don't see any new white hairs on her because she skillfully conceal them in her mostly white cat fur. Wait a minute--do cats go gray and get white hair like humans? I've never thought of this major question before today. Maybe some of you knowledgeable cat ladies know the answer???

Click HERE if you want to see how old your cat is.


10 comments:

Gattina said...

Welcome to the group of 60, Anela ! Cats usually get grey or white around their mouth fortunately not me !

meeyauw said...

Thank you for the chart; it was neat. I only know the ages of two, no, three of the cats. 55. Sigh. Sad, isn't it? I have no idea if they get grey. I don't' remember any going grey. Good question.

Fossfor said...

yes,cats go grey.my 14 year old siamese has gone grey around the muzzle and front paws...

Celeste said...

My Sebastian=to the ripe age of 112 human years is grey around his mouth now.

Celeste said...

Made amistake.Sebastian is = to 83 years.

Suzanne R said...

My Stevie is the same age as Anela. She doesn't have any white or gray -- other than the tones of gray she has always had in her fur. Very interesting chart! I'll have to go back and check out my other two cats. My guess is that Socks is a teenager. ;-)

FelineFrisky said...

Blessing is 78, Punkin is 48 and Tucker is 43, same as me! Wish I had his energy! LOL D :)

Dragonheart said...

Interesting chart! My human mom has never known a cat to go grey. The ones who came before me both lived to be 19, and they didn't go grey. Her Siamese, Whiskers, just kept getting darker and darker with age.

Jeremy said...

At least cats age so gracefully.

happy ww

claudie said...

Sorry to be late but yesterday I was in Monaco all the day and did a reportage today. You cold have a look if you want!Yes , as Gattina said it they become grey and whithe around their mouth!