Friday, August 31, 2007

A Green Christmas in August



Sandy Carlson of the blog Writing in Faith tagged me with a green meme called A Green Christmas. Since this blog is of the "green" ilk, theme, and purpose, I'm playing along. Besides I like Sandy! As I'll be traveling soon, this will be my last post for awhile unless I make a random post here and there on the road.

Here are the questions:

What is your favorite Christmas gift?

Everyone in my family getting along with no one acting-out, being crabby, or ungrateful. I've seen my share of dysfunctional Christmas holidays, and I prefer the functional ones! :Smile:

What is your best memory of Christmas?

Smells and aromas: fresh pine from decorations and Christmas trees, pecan pies just out of the oven, burning logs in the fireplace, and cinnamon.

Depending upon where you live do you have a hot or cold Christmas?

Hot since I live in Maui, Hawaii.

Would you prefer to try the opposite weather at least just once?

I have tried the opposite weather as my early Christmas's were spent in chilly weather.

What do you prefer in a tree? Fake or real?

Most definitely REAL! Although there is something to be said for not having to clean up all the dry pine needles which seem to get everywhere.

What is your favorite Carol?

O Holy Night---I still get chicken-skin when I sing along with it.

What is your favorite Christmas dinner?

The traditional American dinner: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, yams, biscuits--the whole nine yards!

Do you wear a Santa hat at Christmas?

No, but I once posed in a Santa hat and bikini for photos.

Have you ever seen Santa delivering gifts?


No, not in the sense that I witnessed the mythic Santa shoot down the fireplace and tip toe over to my tree and pull the gifts out of his rucksack, but I have sat on many a costumed Santa lap with Santa handing me a gift. This counts, right?


Five I'm Tagging:

Meeyauw
Doubledeckerbuses
The Hot Dog Truck
Unplug Your Kids
New Suzanne R's Life

4 comments:

Suzanne R said...

Hi, Kuanyin --

Thank you for stopping by and for tagging me for this meme! I have done it and it's up on my blog.

Have a nice time on your travels!

Hugs!

Sandy Carlson said...

Great post! The traditional dinner in Hawaii! I'm so provincial, I never would have thought! I forgot about O Holy Night until you mentioned it. I forgot about functional families, too! Ha.

Gattina said...

What an idea to talk about Christmas in Summer ! I don't like winter at all and Christmas either. This obligation to a family get to gether where everybody fights no thank you ! That doesn't mean that my family fights, lol ! So you are going away happy holidays ! Anela will be alone for a while probably with a "baby" sitter. Rosie will be 4 months tomorrow time goes by so fast !

meeyauw said...

Thank you! I like this one a lot.
I hadn't thought of Christmas at all but lately it's popping up in blogs a lot.

I'll do this tonight after work!