Monday, September 24, 2007

I'm Back....and Did I Have A Heart Attack?

This is the question I'm been asking myself ever since I experienced two nights of discomfort which felt like it might be a heart attack. Each time I climbed into the wonderful, comfortable linens of the bed at the fabulous Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas, I experienced what were classic heart attack signs. Prior to getting into bed, I felt great! I hadn't been drinking heavily, partying, eating a lot, drinking coffee, or exercising. However, I did indulge in the small wrapped chocolate left by the maid on the night stand.

Taken from this website, here's basically what I experienced:

"* Uncomfortable pressure, fullness, squeezing or pain in the center of the chest lasting more than a few minutes.
* Pain spreading to the shoulders, neck or arms. The pain may be mild to intense. It may feel like pressure, tightness, burning, or heavy weight. It may be located in the chest, upper abdomen, neck, jaw, or inside the arms or shoulders.
* Chest discomfort with lightheadedness, fainting, sweating, nausea or shortness of breath.
* Anxiety, nervousness and/or cold, sweaty skin.
* Paleness or pallor.
* Increased or irregular heart rate.
* Feeling of impending doom."

I wouldn't say I exactly felt "impending doom", but I did feel very frightened as I felt as if my heart was pounding out of my chest and wouldn't stop! What was going on? I was all alone. My partner was still downstairs gambling. Should I call 911? Was the chocolate I had just eaten tainted? A thousand thoughts raced through my head.

Immediately I ran to my remedy kit which I take with me on all trips, just in case. I'd never before experienced any of these symptoms, but I had faith that my remedies would most likely assist me--and each night they did. After many hours of applying my remedies, my heartbeat returned to normal. I didn't get much sleep, and by the time we returned to Maui, I felt quite ragged.

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment to check me out. I had a phone consultation with him today. He's been my doctor for ages, and I've never shown any signs of heart problems before, so we'll see what he comes up with.

2 comments:

Tink said...

I'm glad you're going to see a doctor! Whatever it was, it doesn't sound normal. please be careful and take care of yourself.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Hopefully 'twas nothing more serious than wearing the wrong size bra? 9 out of 10 woman are, you know. ;) Hugs!!!! Please take care!!! -Shawn