Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Cats on Tuesday--Sleeping Safe


I couldn't believe it when I walked into our home gym and found Anela sleeping where she is in the photo above. Her back is up against our treadmill which was hooked up so that the maid could clean the rug underneath it. Normally our treadmill is down....and it's very heavy...and certainly not a place I would recommend our Queenie to rest. But she trusts us. She must! Or why would she choose this nap place out of all the cushie places in our home to rest? I shudder to think what would happen should the heavy top come unhooked if Anela were there! Oh well...Anela is still alive and well I'm happy to report.

You must check out this new breed of domestic, tame cats called the Ashera which is a blend of the bloodlines of the African Serval, Asian Leopard Cat, and a domestic cat! It looks like a mini leopard and supposedly is affectionate and intelligent . I'm quite taken with their beauty. The price: $22,000!

What does this price include? An Ashera delivered fully vaccinated with nail caps on its claws, a microchip identifier, an animal behaviorist consultation for a year, and a year of veterinary insurance.

Click here to view the Ashera cats offered by Lifestyle Pets.

8 comments:

Tink said...

Anela looks totally relaxed and happy! the places cats choose to nap... ;-)

Luna said...

It looks so cute and contently.
It is always interesting what places cats use to nap.
Interesting African-cat, but really expensive ...
Have a nice day =´`.´`=

Gattina said...

Cats always have the funniest places to take a little nap so why not your home gym ? At friends in Italy the cat slept on the saddle of a big Harley motor bike !
I had a look at this special cat, what a beauty !! But I hate this invention of putting these claw things on a cat ! I have never seen them in a pet shop over here.

Irishcoda said...

Wow, that is one sleepin cat! Great tummy shot! :)

Celeste said...

I think my heart would have stopped!

FelineFrisky said...

What a contented relaxed baby!

I think it's rather a shame the way they breed animals for money. the best pets come from the shelters. They know what you are giving them and they respond genuinely.

D :)

Dorothy said...

Well, at least Anela looks very content.

And, wow, what an expensive cat.

Andrée said...

She's looking great! Really laid back!

As for that new cat? They can have it. I can only think of how many homeless and/or abused cats could have homes with all that money.