Sunday, October 07, 2007

Take A Giant Step Backwards and One Baby Step Forward

Yes, it finally happened to me, the one who is always healthy and strong! A bug, a virus, or 'something' has knocked our family on our collective ass's. Our symptoms: extremely tired, tight muscles around the shoulders and neck, headaches, and did I mentioned: tired?!

Today is the first day I'm even half-way back to my normal self, and after feeling so exhausted for the last couple of weeks, I am jubilant! Great, vibrant health feels so good!

Today I spent a long time stretching and re-connecting with my body which has felt all crumpled up-- like I was a butterfly coming out from my cocoon and testing my wings.

During this time-period, I also took a major fall, but thanks to my angels instead of breaking a leg or ankle, I'm left with nothing more than a big ass bruise. And I was minding my own business in our kitchen when one of the glass ceiling panels came crashing down and just barely nicked one of my toes. My angels are awesome! I suspect that the glass panel came loose when the 6.0 Mariana Islands earthquake (Oct. 7th) jiggled something over here on Maui. We're not all that far away!

Hey, in this Earth-Walk none of us are exempt from our share of suffering, but we can mitigate our suffering with gratitude. And I'm grateful for all the friends who suggested what works for them when they're feeling sick.

What's your solutions? Remedies? Sharings?

1 comment:

latt├ęgirl said...

I only abide by the maxim "Feed a cold, starve a fever." That way I can remember what works in either situation, otherwise, I tend to just lie in bed moaning and wishing someone would help me. :)

Glad you are feeling better!