Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Cats On Tuesday--Anela's Reaction

When I came home from the hospital recently, I was very groggy and full of pain pills. I imagine my energy body was totally out of whack. I crawled into bed, propped up. Anela walks into the room, takes one look at me in my frightful condition, and if I had a camera in my hand at that moment, I would have had the funniest photo in the world.

It's as if Anela's eyes grew HUGE like one of the LOL cats or cartoon cats. She stopped in her tracks and stared at me with these giant eyes. Then she ran out of the room as fast as if a ghost was chasing her!

During my early recovery period (I'm now knock-on-wood in my late recovery period!), she would avoid me! And I can't say I blame her. Yesterday was the FIRST day that she came around to hang out with me.

I was sitting at my altar in my bedroom where I meditate, pray, and count my blessings. My altar is a gorgeous two-tier built-in with candles, sculptures of Kuanyin, Tara, Mother Mary, Lakshmi, and others, chatchkas of all kinds, and beautiful framed paintings. As I sat there, I suddenly hear a quiet snuffle. I opened my eyes to see Anela lying peacefully beside me as she used to do when I meditated. She opened her eyes and this time her expression was one of peace and love. I cried because I was re-united with my best buddy.

*******

On another note, I have joined a free site called Predictify where you can submit stories, predict outcomes, and earn money. If you're interested, here's the link to click to join up.



6 comments:

Dragonheart said...

I'm so sorry to hear you were in the hospital. Glad that you are recovering now. Sending healing purrs your way. Too bad Anela avoided you - my mom has been comforted by her cats when she came home from the hospital, the couple of times that she had surgery. I am glad that Anela is back to being your buddy again.

Dorothy said...

I'm happy your healing. I sometimes wonder what cats see that we don't. I'm glad everything is returning to normal an Anela's returned to your side.

katztales said...

Poor you! You must have smelled of hospital, illness, and medicine! Glad to see you're healing and out of bed - unless your PC is in your bedroom?

A link you might like that discusses animals and human health benefits: http://www.deltasociety.org/

claudie said...

I'm glad to see all is better now with anela! Last year I was in the same way when I came back from hospital but I didn't remember a such experience. Perhaps because we forget all after a short time when you can again walk at home and recover your habits!!!

Andrée said...

I am so glad you are home and healing. Oh that is not a happy time for you. Anela just needed that reassurance that that was really you. And as happy as you are, she is too! What a wonderful reunion.

Genvieve said...

Sometimes cats either hang around you if you are sick, I have seen that or disappear all together. I think cats can read the subtle body energetics and know what to do in either case, it might of been out of love she left? Do you have cat allergies and breathing problems due to cat dander? Just my intuition!