Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cats on Tuesday


This past Tuesday I posted that Anela was apprehensive about the weather, and as it turned out, she was a BETTER weather forecaster than the professionals who said there would only be gusty conditions. Instead Maui experienced without a doubt the worst storm in at least 50 years!

There was a power outage island-wide with some folks being without power for four days. Flooding and never-ending rain went on for nearly a week, and trees downed on roadways kept many people from going to work. Schools were closed. And during this time, Anela wisely stayed in HER bedroom and didn't even come down to eat her breakfast on some days.

Now that the sun has returned, Anela is sleeping in her favorite sun-bathing spots, and she's a happy cat again.

6 comments:

Gattina said...

Oh my a storm ! I hope nothing had been damaged at your house ! We had storm and rain here too and on the top it was quite cold. Some houses stood under water and a couple of trees felt down but on your usually so paradislike island it must be surprising ! Cats have good instincts, I always say they are better then weathermen !

Luna said...

Oh, a storm, thats awful.
Here is the weather like Gattina, storm and rain every day and to much water everywhere.
Yes I know this about the forecast of cats. I think it is if the barometer drops down, ... don´t know it to write right in English.Hope you know.
If a storm comes the barometer drops.
The cats can feel that much better as humans.
Have a nice day

claudie said...

Cats have a special sensibility! Nice to see the storm is away now! Here we have wind but weather is nice for the instance and the cats are very often out playing around the house!

Mom Unplugged said...

How interesting. I think Luna is right, cats must sense the drop in atmospheric pressure that comes before a storm. I'll have to try and pay more attention to my cats before a storm. We just had a big snow storm last night but I didn't pay attention to their behavior. I hope you did not suffer any damage at your house!

Andrée said...

Wow. I know cats are sensitive to weather but I never suspected them to be this sensitive. Good for her! And you! You are sensitive enough to pay attention to her behaviors. I hope you did not suffer from those awful storms.

Dragonheart said...

Wow, Anela, you are a great weather forecaster! Very impressive!