Monday, January 07, 2008

Detox Experimentation


One of the reasons I've not been posting very often on this blog is that I've been involved in a time-consuming research project. I've been investigating alternative health remedies and experimenting on myself.

Two of the modalities that I've been using to detox you might want to check-out for yourself. The first is called Oil Pulling. When I first heard this term, I went, "What?!" It sounded so very strange. Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic remedy with many benefits, so I decided to try it.

Thus, the first thing I do when I get up in the morning now is to swirl a tablespoon of a product called "Spectrum Organic Cold Pressed Sesame Oil" in my mouth. I have to do this for 10 minutes. Because of my restless nature, I have to do something else too, so I usually read my email as I'm swirling. Then the process requires you to spit it out in the toilet and flush it immediately because what you're spitting out is now very toxic and you don't want it in your sink. The oil has turned white from the toxins being "pulled". Then I rinse my mouth out, and I drink two glasses of water. The first sign of improvement is the teeth which become firm and white. Then comes renewed energy, better sleep etc.

This remedy addresses so many body health conditions it would take me a long time to type them all in. "Dr. (med.) Karach said the OP heals totally “head-aches, bronchitis, tooth pain, thrombosis, eczema, ulcers and diseases of stomach, intestines, heart, blood, kidney, liver, lungs and women’s diseases. It heals diseases of nerves, paralysis, and encephalitis. It prevents the growth of malignant tumors, cuts and heals them. Chronic sleeplessness is cured.” and if you'd like more info, click here.

It took me awhile to get used to putting oil in my mouth first thing in the morning, but now I'm good with it. And I can see my teeth growing whiter already. :Smile: I purchase my sesame oil from Maui Herbs which is a wonderful resource for all things ayurvedic on Maui.

The second product I've been experimenting with is Therapeutic Living Clay which is an all natural calcium Bentonite Clay. I purchased it from Global Light Network, and this is what they write about it, "Global Light Network is pleased to offer the finest all natural Calcium Bentonite Clay from a pristine source. This superior clay from the Montmorillonite-Smectite family of clays has a 9.7 pH, an extremely strong detoxing power, and its unique mineral composition make it the best all purpose natural clay on the market today. Therapeutic Living Clay is odorless, highly energized and is a 325 screen mesh, making it hydrate to a smooth non-gritty consistency like thick, creamy pudding." Read more by clicking here.

As I'm writing this post, I'm sitting here with a face mask on made from this living clay, and my face is a pale lime green color--not so pretty to look at! However, one of the many benefits of the living clay besides detoxing is face tightening, and so I try to give myself a mask several times a week using this product. I've noticed a difference in my skin...it's so soft and clear. I'd rather use this than a cosmetic product with all sorts of chemicals in it. What's really cool is that neither of these products (the sesame oil or the clay) is expensive! They are very affordable.

In future posts, I'll share more of the alternative health information I've come across in my research which is exciting me.

No comments: