Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cats On Tuesday--Cat Purrs

Anela Cat isn't the most 'purring' cat I've ever been partnered with. However, I do my best to get her to purr, and for the most part, I succeed. I like to hear a cat purr, but I never knew why until I read a blog post recently. The title of the post was, "Is Your Cat's Purr Healing Her--and You?". You can click here to read the entire post.

Now I know there is another great reason to add a cat to your family. Not only do they chase away ghosts, warn their people of earthquakes and other such things, but they also heal you with their purrs. Let's hear it for cats! Applause!

Anela Cat is taking a break from cat blogging today and has returned to cat dozing. She sends contented purrs to all the other cats on Cats On Tuesday.

7 comments:

Mom Unplugged said...

That blog post was really interesting! I have heard that purring cats can help lead to relaxation and lower blood pressure, but that bit about the vibration being of the correct frequency to heal is REALLY fascinating! Thanks for the link.

PS. We should be really healthy around here with 8 of them!

claudie said...

Yes, I've heard about health and cat purrs! I'm very impressed!Anela is so cute. And her mom can be proud to have a cat purrs!

Andrée said...

You know what? I read a similar article! Isn't it amazing? The power of cats is more than we know.

Irishcoda said...

Ah, I am not surprised to hear it! I know how soothed I feel when I am cuddling with one of the gang and he or she is purring. Sox will curl up right by my shoulder and as I'm falling asleep, he's just purring like a little motorboat!

Gattina said...

Thanks for this link very interesting ! I always noticed that a cat purr calms me more down than a valium ! And when I was depressed only listening to a purring cat made me feel better. It is certainly true !

MCWC said...

I do find our cats very relaxing, especially when they are purring. It's a very peaceful thing. I love our cats for many reasons but that is definitely one of the coolest things about them. The feeling of relaxation and calm they can bring.

Dragonheart & Merlin said...

Oh yes, purrs are very healing! Merlin purrs all the time! You don't even have to touch him - just get close to him and he starts to purr. I love to purr too, but you do need to pet me or give me head rubs or scritches to get me to purr.

Dragonheart