Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Cats on Tuesday--The Way I Like It


Anela here. Since I received such a warm response as a Cat Blogger last week, my Lady told me to go for it again. So here I am blogging, and my subject this week is titled, "The Way I Like It".

My Lady knows exactly how to massage me. I'm not some pansy cat. I like it rough. She gives me a massage that is purrrr-fect because she is rough with me. She digs her nails into my skin just hard enough so that it feels scratchy and rubs my fur hard, especially around the back of my neck and shoulders. She has learned that I don't like soft pats or tickles, although on occasion I'll let her mess with my ears--very gently because they're so sensitive.

I also like her to throw parties or have people come over for a visit. Then I listen in to all the stories of the Big World out there and hear all the juicy gossip. My Lady and My Number One Cat Slave (her partner) love to laugh, and their laughter makes me very, very happy. Their guests usually like to laugh too, so there is a real party animal vibe if you know what I mean. And the best part is that everyone pays attention to ME. That's the Way I Like It!


Loving purrs go out to my lovely friend Basha who rescued me a long, long time ago and then gave me to my Lady. I heard one of Basha's cats, Oscar, was very sick and had to be put to sleep which made Basha cry. If I was visiting you, Basha, I would cuddle up to you and comfort you.

13 comments:

CRIZ LAI said...

It saddened me on the news of Oscar but I guessed Basha should know what's the best for Oscar.

basha said...

Anela ,you have a way of saying very loving words of comfort.Thank you ,I can feel the purrs of compassion for my dear furry companion, Lionel...who is oscar? is there something your not sharing with Basha ?cough it up girlfriend...give your mamma extra rubs and purrs from me.Basha

Anonymous said...

Anela ,you have a way of saying very loving words of comfort.Thank you ,I can feel the purrs of compassion for my dear furry companion, Lionel...who is oscar? is there something your not sharing with Basha ?cough it up girlfriend...give your mamma extra rubs and purrs from me.Basha

Kuanyin said...

That's what I get for letting Anela blog before I've had my second cup of coffee Basha! It's hard to translate into English, ya know! Lionel, got it!

Gandalf & Grayson said...

Party Animal? Can you do that while napping?

Luna said...

That´s a good post again Anela.
Thats interesting with the party animal. You are rally lucky to join the parties of your humans.
So nice to comfort your friend Basha.
hugs and purrs from the German Kitties

Tink said...

My cats let me know exactly the way they like it in massages by me. Great post Anela!

Irishcoda said...

LOL, love that picture! Mouse loves rough massages too :)

Gattina said...

You could bring me some chocolates to the hospital if I would dare to dig into my cats' fur ! They all like it soft. Arthur would like to join you when there is a party at your house he loves to worm his way through legs and make people stumble !

Dragonheart & Merlin said...

Anela, it sounds like you've done a good job of training your humans. It is sad that Oscar has gone to the Bridge.

katztales said...

Gong Xi Fah Cai! Wishing you a prosperous, lucky, healthy Year of the Rat.

So sorry about Oscar.

We like rough massages too. Have you tried using one of those soft spiny plastic brushes used to clean kitchen stuff? It's Au's favourite!

TorAa said...

A Cats massage is wonderful. Felicia gives me whenever I lay on my back in the bed. Unstopable. Even loud puuuring.
Wondeful

TorAa said...

It's about time, yeah, to praise your hero.

Great post