Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cats On Tuesday--Time For a Close-Up


Anela here. Time for me to have my say again in a post on Cats on Tuesday!

I've noticed my Lady hasn't shown any recent close-up photos of me, and so today I posed for her so you can see I'm maintaining myself quite well. Do I look like an old cat? Seriously???

My secrets for remaining youthful are lots of exercise, beauty rest, plentiful treats, good head scratches from my Lady, and attentive service from my Number One Cat Slave. Every now and then I like it raw, so I go catch myself a bird, gecko, or mouse. I don't bring them inside anymore because I learned my Lady doesn't like it when I do this. She used to give me a disgusted look whenever I left feathers hanging around. So I finally caught-on when I saw THAT look and the vacuum cleaner taking all the feathers away.

I've overheard my Lady and Cat Slave talking about their long trip ahead, and I'm never pleased when they go away even if they have me well taken care of by other Cat Slaves in my home. I will miss them. I've got them trained just the way I like it, and even though it's fun to sniff the smells on my temporary Cat Slaves, training them is such hard work!

9 comments:

TorAa said...

I think it's about time you ask your "owner" if she ever eat meat?
If she does, she probably need not to hunt herself??? It's far more sophisticated. Right? or more Brutal?

Mieeuw

Gandalf & Grayson said...

You are gorgeous, Anela. We know just what you mean about Mom going away and breaking in new humans. We don't like it when Mom leaves, not even when she just goes to work. We actually hear her car and greet her at the front door so she can give us scritchies.

Andrée said...

That is a stunning photo. Beauty sleep and exercise are good things for everybody. Raw wild food? Well, not so good for all! LOL

Mom Unplugged said...

Poor Anela having to endure less than perfect care in your absence! Have fun on your trip!

Gattina said...

I can only say that you look very beautiful and cute on this picture !
Yes, it's hard to get other servants trained ! I understand you !
I didn't know either that cats can suffer from depressions it is more from anxiety. Poor Lisa was restless during the nights and yowled quasi non stop. Nothing helped no food no light and she didn't want to stay with me in my bed. Now with this pills she sleeps well and seems back to her old self. Somebody told me that there is a little valium in. Do you understand now why I am feeling "posh" with a depressed cat ??

Dragonheart & Merlin said...

Anela, you are beautiful! We are sorry to hear your humans are going away. We hope they will be back soon.

katztales said...

A trip? Oh no! Better get into that suitcase as soon as it appears.

Criz Lai said...

Hey Anela! Now you are making me wonder if I'm the master or the slave of the J Family. Hmmm... it seemed like I'm not their Daddy anymore but their slave in giving them the best treatment that any human may possibly do. Gosh! This is a shocking news to me.. hehe :P

design for mankind. said...

THIS IS SUCH FUN! :) May I add you to my blogroll???