Saturday, March 15, 2008

Health and Second Chances

When I became seriously ill in 2007 and nearly checked out, I became too weak to exercise or move around a lot--so I spent more time on the computer doing health research.

During this time period, I subscribed to many medical and alternative doctors and health publications on the Net--so much so that my two email boxes are full every day! I can't begin to read all of them, and at this point there is a huge backlog of information because my health has (mostly) returned. I'm active again and thus not spending as much time on the computer.

During this intense health research period of my life, I was also forwarded health information from friends about products, news, healing groups, healers of all kind, and procedures. Having always considered myself a health-oriented person, I was shocked to discover much of this information. There was SOOOO much I had never heard of, and this information totally fascinated me. Plus I learned a lot from my own experience with local and long distance healing practioners for whom I'm eternally grateful and to whom I attribute my return to well being.

Here are some of the doctors I've been impressed with and to which newsletters I subscribe:


Dr. Amen of the Amen Clinics (brain imaging), Dr. Mercola, Dr. Alan Inglis, and Dr. Blaylock.

Here's a list of some of the e-newsletters I receive almost on a daily basis and recommend:

Newsmax Health
Health Sciences Institute
Douglass Report
Bottom Line's Daily Health News
Health World Online
Annie's Green Living Series
Wright Newsletter
Flourish Wellness
Aquarius Health Care
Peter Ragnar
Vital Choice Wild Seafood
US Wellness Meats
Global Light Network

Any of the above can be Googled if you're interested in doing health research online.

1 comment:

adrian2514 said...

Hey thanks for the great blog, I love this stuff. I don’t usually do much for Earth Day but with everyone going green these days, I thought I’d try to do my part.

I am trying to find easy, simple things I can do to help stop global warming (I don’t plan on buying a hybrid). Has anyone seen that www.EarthLab.com is promoting their Earth Day (month) challenge, with the goal to get 1 million people to take their carbon footprint test in April? I took the test, it was easy and only took me about 2 minutes and I am planning on lowering my score with some of their tips.

I am looking for more easy fun stuff to do. If you know of any other sites worth my time let me know.