Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cats On Tuesday--Sunny Summers

Anela here: Summertime is my favorite season on Maui, and here's the reason why: less rain! I dislike the rain because it keeps me indoors, and since I love to lounge around outdoors and take sunbaths, rain is a total bummer.

I've never liked water, and lucky for me, my cat slaves don't bathe me. They let me take care of that myself. So sometimes I'll run through the sprinklers just for a quickie refresher. Since I have so much white fur on my body, I'm always cleaning myself as I like to look fab.

Another thing I dislike is my cat slave disrupting my morning snooze on the deck when she waters her plants. Then I hightail it inside so not one drop of water touches me.

Water is good for one thing in my book: to lap up when I'm thirsty.

7 comments:

Gretchen and Mike said...

I missed the last couple of Tuesdays...I'm still trying to get oganized and back into the short story writing mode.

Anela is a riot.

Dragonheart & Merlin said...

You are lucky that you don't need to be bathed, Anela. We need weekly baths since we have no fur - it's necessary in order for us to stay healthy.

Gattina said...

I have always heard that bathing a cat is not good for her health so nobody bathes a cat here unless it is absolutely necessary like I had to do with my white Arthur, he had worked under a car and was black with oil ! But I survived, lol ! I am like Anela, I don't like rain either !

katztales said...

We're with you on the bathing.....

Au and Target don't get washed - unless they've rubbed up against an oily car bottom or fallen into the storm drain. Even then, we rinse the nasty spot only and leave the rest.

They wash themselves several times a day and their coats are soft, shining and gorgeous. Just like yours!

Jewelgirl said...

Sounds good to me what a lovely
place to enjoy!

Sara said...

Hi Anela, what a beautiful blog title. I just discovered your blog and I'm adding it to my reader. Cheers. :)

Parrot Bluetooth said...

I too agree on the blog title segment as it is brilliant indeed! ess rain! I too dislike the rain because I too love to lounge around outdoors and take sunbaths but one cannot ignore the significance of water in our lives indeed! Your blog is fantastic and here it is I am bookmarking it: http://del.icio.us/britneyvaughan