Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cats On Tuesday--Anela's Housebound



Anela here: Today's it's raining, and thus, I'm stuck indoors to sleep away my day. Not that I mind! As I've grown older, I sleep more. Usually I like to sleep near my Cat Slaves, and they discover me nearby them most of the time.

When I was younger, I was a hunter and a gad-about, but these days I like to stay very close to my Cat Slaves so I can keep an eye on them. I hope I don't see any bags being pulled-out of the closet anytime soon as their vacations are horrific for me.

Now that a third Cat Slave has been added to the home who likes to rubs my ears and warm them up on cold mornings, I'm even happier. The first thing I do in the morning is run up to my third Cat Slave and ask for ear rubs. Sometimes I think I like ear rubs even better than Temptation Treats!

The only funny thing which happened to me this week is a case of mistaken identity. Here's what happened: a cat showed up in our front yard which looked almost identical to me, and this cat was stalking our birds. In the meantime, my cat slaves thought this was me....and I was sleeping away in the bedroom. They wondered why I would stalk birds since I no longer do such a thing. I heard them talking about me, and so I saunter into the room to listen better. Were they ever shocked to see me sitting on the floor in the kitchen! Their expressions were priceless.

9 comments:

Jewelgirl said...

When cats get older they do sleep
a lot, I guess they're making up for
time well spent chasing after the slaves' kitty toys? Maybe? Happy
COT!

TorAa said...

Mieiuuuhhm,
the two legs do many mistakes.
But tou are a wise cat.

Tricia said...

I'm sure your Cat Slaves were quite humorous in their surprise. Happy HoT!

Tink said...

Haha, the looks on their faces must have been a blast! :-) Good work, Anela!

katztales said...

You've got a double? Sounds like an opportunity for getting more ear rubs and temptations - just tell the slaves the other cat got your share...

Gattina said...

Your slaves must have thought that they had one drink too much, lol !
Lisa too spends most of the day napping and eating !!

raphnix said...

Naturally, cats do sleep 16 hours a day which encourage us to do at least half since we're half lazy as them.

Luna said...

We sleep all the day long. If the weather is not too cold we stay outside at night for hunting.
No wonder that we have to sleep long time.
Ear rubs sounds great.
Great to read about the surprise expression of you Cat-slaves!

Buddha said...

I was browsing the blogosphere and I stumbled upon your blog, so I stopped to say hi!
I am interested in spirituality and personal growth and I would like to meet like minded people.
Wishing you the best!
BoH