Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Cats On Tuesday--Between Storms


Anela here: It's been a very stormy, rainy year on Maui where I live, and in the photo above, you can see me enjoying a delicious sunbath between storms. This photo of me was taken yesterday, and today yet another storm has arrived. Gah! I much prefer the sunny weather as I love to sunbathe and loaf outdoors.

When the weather is bad, I cuddle up inside on pillows which my Number Two Cat Slave provides for me as she knows I'm rather unhappy with the bad weather. She gives me extra treats and does her best to make me feel cozy.

This week my Cat Slave received a phone call from her friend Basha who told her the story of having to put her cat down due to a bad virus her cat had contacted. The virus is called FIP for short, and this virus took her beloved cat over the rainbow. My Cat Slave wanted me to inform you about this virus.

Purrs go out to dear Basha over the loss of her Best Friend!

It is said that cats have nine lives, and for some cats, this appears to be true as they survive amazing falls and disasters. Yet for some other cats, when they are called to The Other Side, they know. They know. And these ones surrender to their destiny. There are no mistakes, and they often come visit their former Cat Slaves in their Spirit Body to comfort them.

Cats see these Spirit Body cats, and so we know Life Goes On....and on...and on.

7 comments:

Luna said...

Hope the weather will be better soon!
Love the picture in the sun. We have no sun and it is cold !

We are purring for Basha too. We know how sad it is when a cat went to the bridge.
That is a bad virus!

Mamapippa said...

To take a sunbath ... mmm ... For the moment in Belgium, we can only dream of it ... it's snowy and icy !

Mamapippa said...

To take a sunbath ... mmm ... For the moment in Belgium, we can only dream of it ... it's snowy and icy !

Mira said...

Awe, looks so comfy just lying there. Makes me wanna take a nap! lol

catsynth said...

Enjoy the sunbath in between storms while you can.
Thoughts for Basha's family.

Gattina said...

Poor Anela, fortunately you don't live in Belgium, rain is something natural, sun is exceptional, lol ! But snow ! Last time it snowed here it was 7 years ago and such cold weather 20 years ! The only one who doesn't bother about snow is Arthur !

susie said...

Anela, you look so at peace on you warm deck! Glad the weather has improved for you.
Sorry to hear about Basha! Always sad to loose friends.